Tips for Hosting a Green Event
We’re seriously dedicated to reducing the environmental impact of everything we do, and we want to encourage you to do the same. View our list of green tips below for ideas on how you can reduce your event’s carbon footprint.
- Send invitations that are made of recycled, handmade or paper that can be planted. Consider tree-free paper printed with vegetable or soy-based ink.
- Use a website to post your wedding invitation to reduce the amount of information that needs to be printed.
- Let your bridesmaids and grooms men pick attire that they WILL wear again or donate your attire to a charity after the wedding.
- Multi-use flowers – Use bride’s maid bouquets as decoration by providing vases for them to put the flowers in at the reception.
- For centerpieces choose potted flowers or plants and give them to your guests to take home.
- Minimize the amount of driving your guests will need to do. Pick a venue that is walking distance from hotels.
- Have your ceremony and reception in the same place to minimize the amount of travel for your guests.
- Choose a location that is LEED certified and has Green Vendors (like ECHO!).
- Rent glassware, dishware and linens or use green alternatives to minimize waste.
- Work with your caterer to plan a menu that will utilize local and seasonal foods.
- Most of the Wedding Cake goes to waste – do a dessert table instead and give guests take home boxes so they can take goodies home.
- Give edible or locally made items for favors or donate the money you would have spent on favors to charity of your choice.
Click here for a list of ECHO’s preferred vendors who are committed to using green practices while delivering the highest quality service.